Bromley Town Church (Registered Charity Number 1004331) has been established since 1990 and is part of Churches Together in Central Bromley, Transform Bromley Borough, and is affiliated with the Evangelical Alliance.
Bromley Town Church is a growing church family who by the power of the Holy Spirit seek to be followers of Jesus Christ; to be set apart for God, to love him wholeheartedly and to love our neighbours by bringing justice, mercy, hope and new life.
At Bromley Town Church we value you and your identity which is why we take great care of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Bromley Town Church collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact the Church Office:-
Bromley Town Church
2 Ethelbert Road
Telephone: 020 3795 6950 or Email: [email protected]
Bromley Town Church is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, which updates the data protection laws in the UK, and complements the EU’s general data protection regulations (GDPR).
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Bromley Town Church will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in January 2020.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFROMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:-
Directly from you when you:
· Visit us on Sunday mornings and fill in a Contact Card
· Sign up for our BTC Challenge
· Attend our BTC Connect Course for membership
· Join one of our Serving Teams
· Sign up for an event
· Complete an event feedback card
· Register your child/ren for our Sunday Kids activities
· Make a donation
· Contact us with an enquiry
· Rent one of our halls
· Have leadership or key responsibilities within Bromley Town Church
· Apply for a job at Bromley Town Church
· Register to attend Allsorts Baby & Toddler Group
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
· Personal identifiers such as your title, name and gender
· Contact details including postal address, postcode, email, telephone and mobile number
· Spouse and children when connecting with us as a family
· Financial information such as you bank details when giving to the work of Bromley Town Church
· Whether you are a UK tax payer
· Groups and events you attend at Bromley Town Church
· Records of your contact with us
Sensitive Personal Data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. That includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
Bromley Town Church is a Christ-centred organisation committed to preserving its Christian ethos. Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your church affiliations and personal faith.
Additionally, we may collect details about any health concerns or disability to help your participation in our church events and activities, or where you have disclosed this, so we can meet any additional requirements.
We also receive prayer requests which may reveal sensitive personal information. Where appropriate, this may be shared within our pastoral teams and the needs may be prayed for at our internal prayer meetings.
Bromley Town Church will always treat any sensitive personal data with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
· For the general administration and running of Bromley Town Church including Sunday Services, Children’s activities, Prayer Meetings, Mid-Week Groups, Regular Community Events and Activities, Special Events, Conferences and Hall Hire; for the benefit of our members, regular attenders, visitors and guests
· To organise and coordinate serving teams and rotas
· To process regular or occasional giving
· To reclaim Gift Aid donations, if applicable
· To enable us to take greater care when engaging with children, young people and vulnerable adults
· To keep you informed about news and events at Bromley Town Church and occasionally other related churches and organisations
· To enable us to contact you with relevant and appropriate information
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
When you make a donation or pay for a ticketed event to Bromley Town Church online or using our giving envelopes, Bromley Town Church ensures that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into Global Iris Reporting and never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction. Giving envelopes are kept for the purpose of reclaiming gift aid where applicable and are kept securely for six years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction was made.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Your personal data is not shared outside of Bromley Town Church without your direct consent unless we are required to do so by legal obligation.
BTC Members. As a member of Bromley Town Church, you will be given access to the BTC ChurchSuite app and online tool for church members. This will enable you to update the information we hold for you at any time, as well as giving you access to the church calendar, serving team rotas and other church related facilities including the members only directory. You can access and update your own information from the app or your PC once signed in with a password protected account.
We may choose to give non-members access to some of the facilities on BTC ChurchSuite, for example to sign up for an event or view the BTC Calendar, but only those currently in BTC Membership will be able to view the members only directory.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLIMENTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Bromley Town Church’s handling of your personal information or compliment us on what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.